Revised course schedule and grading
The exam committee MSc Physics and Astronomy has reviewed all the alternative plans for grading that teachers handed in light of the Corona situation. They informed me that homework exercises cannot be accepted as a major fraction of the grade. Therefore, the grading will be based on:
- 33% of the grade is based on homework exercises. We reduce the exercise load from 7 to 6 sets and further. Your best 5 out of 6 count.
- 33% of the grade is based on your paper presentation in the mid-term symposion on May 6
- 33% of the grade is based on the final examination, for which the exact format will be communicated to you shortly.
Revisions to course schedule
- 14 and 15th of April [Photonic Crystal Class]. April 14 class is cancelled, due to the PV-course exam (Block 4) This class is shifted to the April 15th slot.
- 22 April – In place of a lab-tour I am organizing a Meet & Greet with Amsterdam Nanophotonics groups. Also there is exercise class
- 6 May mid term symposium – we will need the entire afternoon – there is no exercise slot.
- To accommodate, April 29 will be a class on “Controlling emitters on the nanoscale”.
- A revised exercise schedule will be posted on line.